7.10.2011

Food, better then Facebook!!


 JeremyCooks has only been around for a short 2 years. However with all the food we've cooked (and ate), the adventures we experienced and the new friends we’ve made it's no wonder why it feels like forever. How could we have squeezed so much into only 2 years. With time comes change, and that's exactly what I'd like to talk to you about. Over the years I have come to realize that Food has the power to bring people together. In fact, Food is probably the greatest social networking tool in history. I’m sure all of you Facebook and Twitter users (me included) are laughing right now, but stop and think about it. Sitting around the table over a delicious meal inspires great conversation, it’s the original social network. With work, school and technology we forget that at the end of the day it's important to come home to sit around the dinner table over good food and great conversation. If we could cook, sit, eat and talk just as our ancestors (OK, maybe even our parents and grandparents did) then maybe, just maybe we could inspire others to do the same. If kids, teens and families could realize the importance of good food and conversation then maybe it would encourage them to cook, and then everything else will follow.




    If you haven't noticed yet we’ve unwrapped JeremyCooks new look.  As I mature and enter my senior year in high school JeremyCooks continues to follow me on my journey. The website is living and breathing and grows as I do. We’re still all about food and cooking but we've invited a broader audience to the table and gave the site a new paint job. We’ll soon have an updated recipe section, tip section and an all new interactive experience. In the meantime I have some very exciting things simmering on the stove.
    In collaboration with Whole Foods I’m excited to announce “Jeremy's Kitchen to Table Experience”. This unique cooking (and eating) event is where small groups of family and friends of all ages can cook together to create a seasonally inspired meal directed by yours truly. We then sit down at a large table and get to enjoy our meal over great conversation. The first “Jeremy's Kitchen to Table Experience” will take place at Whole Foods in Boca Raton, FL on July 30th. Our plans are to continue these “happenings” throughout South Florida and “hopefully” and “eventually” (with your support) take the experience on a national tour. If you’re in the area check out the Whole Foods Boca Raton calendar for more details!
    Lastly, with all of my culinary adventures I've had over the years (especially for someone my age) it's about time I wrote a book about it. So I'm currently working on a collection of inspirational stories and recipes to create my first book!!! More on that later, so keep checking back for updates.
    If you’ve been following JeremyCooks since the beginning or have just recently joined us I urge you to stick around, read my posts, follow me on Twitter and shoot me an email sometime, I’ll definitely reply (cause I love hearing from you). So welcome to the latest "chapter" of JeremyCooks where I encourage you to........
Keep on Cooking...from Kitchen to Table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment