7.25.2009

Leftover Pasta.

 


OK, how many people have leftover pasta in their fridge... tons of people! Whether it’s Penne, Linguine, the ever so popular Spaghetti, its in a container on a shelf in your fridge. What to do with it though? You could create just another typical pasta dish (which there’s no problem with that, I do it), but how about frying pasta. I wanted something new to do with my leftover pasta so I searched for a recipe and (as always) Jamie Oliver came to my rescue.  Frittelle di Spaghetti ( spaghetti fritters) was a dish I’ve always stopped to look at in Jamie’s Italy, but I’ve never actually made it. Its simple, real simple, but it does require a longer/stringy type of pasta ( Spaghetti, Angel Hair, Linguine). The following is my recipe for Frittelle di Spaghetti since I added and took away some things from the original. You also might want to consider the measurements of my recipe depending on how much leftover pasta you have or you can make a fresh pot of pasta, both works!

Remember be creative as you want, the following seasonings are just suggestions:

1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 cups Pecorino Ramano, grated
 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
 Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 pound of pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
A Pinch of Sea salt





In a large bowl  mix all the ingredients until well blended. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Then, using a fork, add piles ( as big or as little as you like) of the spaghetti mixture to the pan and fry until golden and crisp on both sides. Once finished frying drain them on a paper towel. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.







If you do anything different with your leftover pasta let me know and post your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment