9.11.2009

Silver!!!! Not Bronze...


These past couple of days I’ve been sick at home. I lay around the house and eat food up in my room while blowing my nose and throwing an endless amount of tissues into the trash basket. I was watching Jamie at home (greatest cooking show on TV) when I received a peculiar email. The email read Good/Bad news from Steve Sitnick (Chef Judge) from the culinary competition.

(actual email)

“Hi Paige and Jeremy,

I have some good news and some bad news.
The bad news is that your bronze medals need to be returned.  The good news is that they will be replaced with SILVER medals as the final scores were incorrectly tabulated.  Your final total was 33.87, which falls into the silver medal category.  I will be happy to send you the replacement medals as soon as you can return the bronze medals.

I apologize for the mix-up but I am happy that it was an upgrade to what you received before.”

As you can probably imagine, my heart stopped beating! I jumped up out of my bed and ran as fast as I could to the nearest phone to let everyone know. I’m feeling much better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment